Have We Met Before?

Dear Uncle George,

You know, this is not the first time I have thought long and hard about you and your photographs.

It was March 2011.

Sorry I didn't really think more about you since then, but I have been busy cruising the West Indies and surviving trying to cross the street in Calcutta.  And don't forget figuring out the new name of our 6th rescue cat (and before you get all judgmental on me, I didn't bring him home and he doesn't live in the house....I just give him little snackies so he will perhaps stop gnawing on his lower leg.  See, not my fault).

As I am known to do, I took myself on a little day trip to the nearby, but not to be confused with some amazing metropolis like Gower (no offense), town of Richmond.

As I wandered about, I took photos for fun.  No project, no purpose.  At that time, I was fully immersed in shooting the construction process of the Kansas City Temple, and visually, just needed a break.  If you want to refer back to it's amazing journey:  see here  http://templechasers.blogspot.com/.  Over 85,000 views, give or take a few.


Richmond has nothing to brag about (no offense) but it had some important LDS folks reside there.  But you already know that.  That is why you went as well.

The strange thing is that my idea of following your mission down to the day did NOT come for this idea I figured out over a bowl of won ton soup or watching "24."  Sorry, but when I am involved in those moments of nirvana, I cannot be bothered with focusing on much of anything else.

You can read about it here:
http://www.visitval.blogspot.com/2011/03/like-great-grand-uncle-like-great-grand.html

My point is, Uncle George, that perhaps we are destined to be intertwined like this.  :)  Do you like won ton soup?  If so, I'm in!

Love
Valsy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Sherpa Pem, Can You Find My Pants?

One Does Not Simply Drive Into Far West

Let's Take a Field Trip